Monday 24 January 2011

Clean slates.

Right, deleted all the old redundant shit on this blog, and starting fresh. Try to be a bit more articulate and informed about things, a little more engagement and all that.

Also want a way to document my work, the triumphs and the epic fuck ups I make with clay. It's such a beautiful material but so hard to know what it's going to do. Perhaps that's why I like it, the unpredictable nature of it. The muddiness and dirtiness of it all. The private and self indulgent act of forming it. It has a realness and an urgency that I've always loved and it's substantial character after it's been subjected to the fire still excites me.

It has become almost like a sanctuary for me, and I guess that's noticeable in the forms I chose to make. Sensual and looking like they've been spewed from inside the earth. The solidness and the weight of them along with their tactile nature provides me with the grounding I need when constantly bombarded with abstract theories that leave me cold, and questioning the ridiculous day to day bull shit and conceptual ideas we are bombarded with.

Moaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment